Monday 15 September 2014

work diary - colour


Work diary - colour:

In this session we had to go out and take pictures of anything that had colour in it. I found this task easy as everything that I looked at had colour in it. I found that I could find combinations of colours in a lot of my pictures which helped to vary my pictures. For me personally i found this session to be quite boring as i found that i was just photographing more or less the same thing. If i was to re do this top i would try to find different ways of showing colour as well as more exciting colours to photographs.

Progression: If I was to do this session again I would focus more on finding more interesting objects to photograph colour. I think that I could use colour in a more exciting and interesting way by finding ways to make the colour completely change the theme or emotion of the picture. One of the ways that I would possibly use colour would be in a natural setting so that I can show colour in the most natural setting possible and show how much of an impact it can have on a image. An example of this is the picture below as the bright yellow colour is used to show the difference between the two shades of green.



I think that both the picture above and the picture below are my best pictures for this topic. I think the picture above is a good picture because the bright vibrant colour of pink, contrasts with the dull grey colour. I also like this picture because of the angle I've taken it at meaning that you can't exactly tell what this picture is of so you can just focus on the colours. I think that the picture below is also one of my best as its got different colours in the backgrounds and in the main part of the picture. I also like the balloons as they add a nice little burst of colour to the picture. Also because the picture is blurred you again cant tell what the picture is of meaning you just focus on the colours.


If i could re-do this topic I would try to find different contrasts of colour together. I would also think about the positioning of my photos so that the background or other parts of the shot are not distracting from the colour in the photos.



I have chosen to include these photos from the Internet to show the difference between a photo with lots of colour and a photo in black and white. personally I prefer the photo of the colour as I think its nicer to look at and it also stands out more. I also think this photo shows more energy where as the photo below looks more dull to me. I chose to include the picture below as its still using colour, however its used in a different way. I think this photo is less interesting to look and generally doesn't stand out to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment