Tuesday 30 September 2014

Work diary - Tone



Work diary - Tone:

In this session we was given the topic of tone. I enjoyed this topic as I liked seeing how different images and settings looked without there natural colours. I liked to see the way that the tone of the photos changed the whole way the image looked to me. I think that this topic may have been one of my best topics as I feel that I took some of my best photos during this session. If I could re do this topic I would just try to take more pictures that are more original to some of the ones that I have taken, as I feel that some of my pictures we similar to ones that I had take in previous topics but just in black and white,


I think that the photo above is one of my best photos as it shows a lot of different tones in one picture. I like the way that the setting of this picture looks natural and would give the same effect if the picture had colour. I think that the picture below is a good picture that shows the use of tone in a natural setting as nothing has been altered in this picture. However I think that this picture is quiet a boring picture as it doesn't show a range of tones.




I have chosen to include these pictures from the Internet as I think that they show how tone can completely change the atmosphere and setting of a picture. The photo above uses tone to create the idea that the picture is taken from inside something like a cave. this picture also uses the different tones to create the different parts to the image. I chose the picture below because it very clearly uses tone to create a atmosphere in a image. The use of tone in this picture creates quiet a dark and mysterious atmosphere. this shows how tone can immediately change the way that you think about or view a image.




No comments:

Post a Comment