Thursday 16 October 2014

Work diary - shape


Work diary - shape:

In this session our topic was shape, we had to go out and take pictures of anything that involved shape. Personally I found that this task was quite repetitive as I found most of my images being very similar as well as some of them showing the same style of shape. If i could do this task again I would try to find more original ways of showing shape in my images whether this is by the angles I take my pictures from or they shapes that I choose to include in my pictures.

Below are two images that I think best show my way of showing shape in a image. I personally like the first picture because I like the way that the focus is on the flower which is helpful to show the outline of the flower which shows the initial shape of the flower.


I think that the photo below is a more subtle way of showing shape. I think that this photo shows how shape can be in everyday surroundings. This picture also shows how multiple of the same shape and different shapes can make up one over all shape. The way that the different tiles in this pictures make up one shape makes a original way of showing shape in photography.



Below are two images that I have found from the internet that i think are some of the best ways that show how shape can be shown in photography. I think these two images show similar aspects of shape as they are both showing simple and elegant shapes.  However I also think that these images also have some differences. I think that the picture below is a more serious way of showing shape, this pictures has also be placed on a certain background in a certain way so that a certain effect is given.



I think that the picture below also shows shape as a clear outline of the flower (the object that is being focused on) is being shown therefore a clear idea of shape is being showed in this picture. This picture is different form the one above as the picture has not been placed on a certain background or has it been altered for the photographer to take the picture. I think that both of these pictures show a clear representation of shape and how it can be shown in photography.






No comments:

Post a Comment