Thursday 4 December 2014

Pre-completion evaluation

Pre-completion evaluation:

As i am coming to the end of the unit i can say that that it has taught me a lot about photography. By studying the unit of the formal elements i have learnt a lot about basic photography, camera work and photoshop. By photographing things like line, colour, tone, depth ect, i have learnt about what is necessary for an image and how it fits that certain topic. After each little topic has been completed i find that you never neglect what you have learnt as you are also adding to your knowledge as well as using the things that you already know.


I would say that my favourite part so far has been working in the studio. I have enjoyed the freedom of being in control of the lights, the background as well as the positioning of the models. I have also seen that working in the studio has helps me to work on my composition and i have seen a improvement both in the studio and on location. While there has been many sessions where have been unmotivated to leave the warm class room, i have always found myself enjoying the actual taking of the photos even if i have not enjoyed the topic as a whole.


My least favourite topic has been photo joiner as i found in to time consuming and i did not like the end result. I did not enjoy taking the pictures as i found myself getting bored of the repartition. As for the editing, at first i was getting very confused and did not want to continue on. After being told what i had to  do again and attempting it again, i did complete my photo joiner and didn't think it look bad, however it will not be a style of editing that i will choose to do again.

As a whole i have seen that photography has been mainly positive. While there has been times where i have been stressing about finishing on time and whether my work is good enough. As we come to the end i can honestly say that i have enjoyed this topic and am a little disappointed that it is ending as i have been enjoying what i have been producing. However i am looking forward to starting the next unit and learning a lot more about photography.



No comments:

Post a Comment